Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Protein Packed Superfood Smoothie!

superfoodLooking for a healthier option for dessert for your New Year Resolutions or new diet? How about a pick me up for mid-day or just something protein packed or a little sweeter for breakfast with out all the guilt? Lately the way my days have been going with a busy Pilates studio, a new baby, (now almost 2 months old-where does time go!) 2 other small children, and major to do list, not to mention the unexpected that seems to be popping up on a daily basis! And we actually had our first snow Sunday! I’m not too crazy about it feeling it’s 10 out, but the snow is pretty just this once! ;)

I’ve been craving something mid-day that is satisfying and delicious but won’t leave me feeling guilty and yucky after I eat it. Being a new mom again with a hectic schedule, there’s no time for me at all. If I can brush my teeth alone with out a baby on the hip and someone else trying to take the door off the hinges it’s a good day! So yesterday I started throwing things in the blender that were going to make me feel a little more at ease and a lot more relaxed.

Here’s everything you need for this one and I swear this one will stay in your arsenal for a while! I don’t know if I could get sick of this one! Here’s your yumminess!

Makes about 4 small smoothies

Ingredients:

  • 2.5 cups of unsweetened coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp unsweetened sunflower butter
  • 2 Mejool dates-pitted
  • 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
  • 1 Tbsp Caco nibs and a little more for garnish
  • Unsweetened coconut flakes for topping

Directions:

  1. In a high-speed blender add milk, sunflower butter, dates, chia, and cacao nibs and blend until all ingredients are mixed.
  2. Pour into a glass top with nibs and coconut flakes.
  3. Enjoy with you feet up on the couch by the fire! ;)

 


via Farm, Foodie and Fitness http://ift.tt/1PD1w1K http://ift.tt/16mICIc

No comments:

Post a Comment